Home » » Today's Shopping Trip

Today's Shopping Trip

I went to the store hoping to try on the new Tender Violet Define Jacket but left with the Black Swan/Tender Violet Gather and Crow crops - my first pair of that style ever - and the Alberta Lake LS Swiftly. I have to be honest, the above photo of the Black Swan G&Cs got me interested in them. I have a number of purple tops and jackets that I can pair with these crops. I bought the Top Speed Tank in Black Swan and hate how it looks with black bottoms so that was a further inducement. I also think the Gather and Crow is one of the more flattering crops when viewed from the backside.

I didn't know whether I would get the Alberta Lake Swiftly from looking at the photos but it's such a pretty color and unique when it comes to Swiftlys in the women's line so I had to get it. All my long sleeve Swiftlys are more somber colors for winter running - Dark Classic Sports Gray, Lolo Purple, Rock Steady Blue and now Alberta Lake.

I tried the Bundle Up jacket on and I liked it. I don't have a use for this jacket since I can barely find opportunites to wear my Don't Hurry Be Happy Pullover but I thought it was nice. It fit TTS.

I also tried on the Runder Under LS and liked it a lot, too. I like the sporty look of these tops compared to the more quirky run tops with ruffles and pleats. I thought it also fit TTS. I have enough running luon tops that I thought I could live without this one. However, I might be tempted by the Tender Violet version if it ever shows up at my store.

I also tried on the first base tank and liked that a lot. I thought the upper portion that makes up the straps was mesh but it's mesh-lined running luon. The black macro micro stripe is very cute but I already have the Cool Racerback in this pattern. I also can't think of a reason I'd need a running luon tank. I know it's supposed to be a base layer but if it's that cold I am going to layer a Swiftly LS or SS under a pullover.

I finally got to try on the Spinerette bra and liked it a lot. The back is very comfortable and I think it fits TTS but the seams in the front show through tops. It does look nice with the Right Round tank since the straps don't show through the back keyhole. If one pops up on sale I'd get it for the right price but I think I'd rather get another All Sport tank if I'm getting a shelf bra with wide straps. My store didn't have any All Sports left in my size so I can't report whether the fit has changed at all from the previous version.


I tried on the Runder Under tights today and I can see why everyone is raving about them. I wish these came in a twelve. They are super soft but feel almost spongey. They feel like an extra thick running luon. I think they are overkill for running in Southern California but I'd like them for a base layer under ski pants or to wear for fitness walks on chilly days. I'd say these were TTS but it's hard to tell since I had to try on the size down.

I tried on the Run With Rover pants just to see what they'd look like. My bedonkadonk kind of filled out the backside but I found the calves on the snug side so overall it wasn't an attractive look. They are definitely too warm for physical activity for me so I'd only get them for watching my kid's soccer games in the winter. An easy pass. I think these are a size-down item.

My store did not have my size in the Side Angle pant so I had to try on the next size down. I kind of liked them but I need to remember to try them on again next time I go to the store. The fit reminded me a lot of the Energize pant which is what I think they are when I look at the back seaming.

I also tried on the Free to Be tank. I liked it and would say it fits a figure-hugging TTS. I really need a twelve in this tank so it was a non-purchase for me.

I also tried on the Run: For Your Life crops and really liked them. I just bought a pair of Fast and Free crops on markdown so don't need another pair of running crops but I thought these were nice.



Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger