Home » » Lulu Home Page NSFW This Morning

Lulu Home Page NSFW This Morning

Hey, lulu, you do realize people go on your website while at work (link may be NSFW!) don't you? Particularly on an upload Thursday morning? I get that you love Vancouver Canucks player Ryan Kesler and are excited to see awesome his glutes displayed in ESPN Magazine's "body issue" (link definitely NSFW) but you couldn't make the photo a little smaller or put it on a secondary page?

PS - Upon further reflection, the other thing that strikes me as a miss about updating the lulu home page to mimic the nude Ryan Kesler photo is that it attaches negativity to your company. Not only did Vancouver lose the Stanley Cup but there was a huge riot afterwards that gained worldwide notice. Why would Lululemon want to be associated with two negative events? The riots reflected very badly on Vancouver so why remind people? Whatever. Maybe people at lulu just like to get naked. They seem to use nudity in their advertising quite a bit. ;-)

Anyway, here are some comments from a thread about the new look for the lululemon home page (taken from the 1,100+ member Lulu This Just In lululemon fan Facebook Group):

  • FREAKED OUT BY THE NAKED LADY ON THE LULU WEBSITE!!!!
  • OMG what are they thinking
  •  ‎.....Ummmm what the hell - is this a prank - did lulu get hacked.
  •  that is freaky
  • something just doesn't seem right there .. it is very wrong on so many levels ..
  •     oh man that third picture is seriously freaky!!
  •   i can see this going very bad lol...
  •   Dear lulu, thanks for making your website NSFW today
  •   sales go down by 50% since people at work can't go on the site LOL
  •  Ahhh definitely not safe for work!! Popped in to check out the upload and saw that! Ps I enjoyed the hockey player one better. Lol
  • I hope they take it down soon - I go on the lulu site at work a lot and I don't want to draw more attention then necessary to my shopping.
  •  For the first time ever, my boss has the lulu home page bookmarked. He already knows not to bug me on Thursday mornings but unfortunately wanted to annoy me today!
  •  super glad you can't see my computer screen unless you are far in my office. This would stop most of my coworkers in their tracks!
  • Whoa. She shows up on every single panel on the main page. Awkward. Well, I guess this is one way to get me to stop browsing at work...
  •  Wow. Kudos to the model but wow, yea, until this comes down no browsing at work.
  •    I left them a nice note on their FB page
  •      sooooooooooooo awkward WTH
  •   Would have much rather seen that naked hockey player on the home page... maybe I would have bought something.

These comments were left on the Lululemon Facebook page:

  • Dear Lulu, I'm sure that you meant well with your homepage graphics that were uploaded today, however, they have caught many of us by surprise. NSFW/NSFS
  •   and more importantly prohibitive to us loyal browsers/shoppers who access your website from work and school.
  • Yes, I thought you're promoting clothing, not lack thereof.
  •  Please make your site safe work work again soon!!!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger