Home » » OOTD for C25K Week 3 Day 2 Run

OOTD for C25K Week 3 Day 2 Run

A very dull, ninja-like outfit for Week 3 Day 2 run of the Couch to 5K program: Run: Energy Pullover, Wunder Groove crops, and a Dance headband in Currant/Elevation Space Dye for a little color.

I have been trying out my various run pullovers to see what works for me. The temp was about 53F when I left the house and it was partially sunny. Once again, I was too hot but the circle mesh side and under arm panels are very helpful at helping me keep cool. I've come to a couple of conclusions: black tops are bad when the sun is out, black tops are kind of boring when it comes to pumping you up for a workout (but good for street wear), I love a front zipper to help control cooling, I really need to buy more Swiftly LS or find an older Team Spirit or Run: Silver Bullet LS type tops for mid-50s weather.

The C25K Week 3 workout is 5 min walking warmup followed by 90 sec run, 90 sec walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk which is supposed to repeated twice. When I first did this workout on Thursday I was really dying during the three minute run portion but by end of the second interval I felt good enough to tack on two more intervals. I made the mistake of running down and then back up a hill for the last one. That bothered my ITB a bit which I then made much worse by going to spin class on Friday. Spin class usually involves a lot of out of the saddle transitions which really bothers my ITB and I ended up sitting for the last third of the class. I've been babying my ITB for the last two days. I got a foam roller which really helps and today I felt pretty good for my Day 2 workout. Running three minutes was much easier. I ended up doing five intervals in all and running for five minutes during the last long run. I made several changes for this run. I took smaller steps (that was part of my problem on Thursday). I tried to stay on as flat a road as I could - I live in the hills so finding flat areas is challenging. I also tried to run on asphalt only and I made sure to roll and stretch as soon as I got home. I hope my ITB doesn't flare up. It doesn't bug me at all when I run but starts to bother me a few hours afterwards. I truly believe spin is what sent it off the deep end last week. My other favorite teacher teaches tomorrow but I will probably skip class or go before class and do a seated, low resistance workout on my own. I'll see how I feel in the morning. I have to say I was expecting the worst before my run this morning and I was very surprised at how good my knees/legs felt and that I wasn't dying during the longer run portions like the last time.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger