Home » » Couch to 5K Training: Week 7 - 25 Minute Runs

Couch to 5K Training: Week 7 - 25 Minute Runs

Week 7 of the Couch to 5K program is running a solid 25 minutes for three workouts. To help keep my mind off the length of the run I tried running in some new spots. This was Tuesday's run - along the beach in Newport and Huntington Beach. It was 60F, breezy, and overcast. I wore a short sleeve Swiftly and my Run: Passion crops. I've started wearing run crops so I can put my car keys in the zipper pockets. I also started the run with my "vintage" Sportif Jacket. I didn't really want to wear a jacket but I couldn't find my amphipod belt to hold my phone so I wore my jacket and ended up tying it around my waist. That wasn't ideal but I forgot about it after a few minutes. Nothing really stands out in my mind about this run other than I started out running into the wind and lasting 25 minutes wasn't at all easy since I had gone to spin class the day before. I didn't really care for running along this section of the beach since the path was so far from the ocean. However, it has ample bathrooms and free parking so it wasn't all bad.

On the way out. You can see the horse path on the left (marked by the wood fence), paralleling the bike trail.
On the horse trail for the way back. My home is at the top of the hill that you see on the left side of the photo.
For today's run I decided to run along the Santa Ana River trail that is close to my home. I started out on the bike trail, right next to the river, running into a stiff headwind but hopped onto the parallel horse trail after I spotted a couple of friends running on it. The horse trail was dirt and shaded. I think I have found my new favorite running spot. The weather today was in the low 70s and sunny when I started out. It was 80F when I finished. I wore a silverescent circle mesh Revitalize tech short sleeve shirt and Run: Zoom Knee Shorts. I still couldn't find my stinking Amphipod belt so I ended up putting my iphone in my Flight Running Bonnet. I know I poo-pood that idea when someone mentioned it years ago but it worked really well. I jammed the hat on my head so the phone didn't bounce and I didn't even notice it up there. I think I want to get at least one more pair of running shorts that are knee length, like the Zooms, or above the knee, like the Take Flight Bike Shorts if and when Lulu comes out with them. I think I also want to get an Amphipod ultility belt like my sister has so I can carry my phone and some small water bottles. Anywhoo, this run was a tad easier than Tuesday's and I didn't even have to count out loud to make it through it. I think I will come back to this trail again for Sunday's run but I might change my mind. This trail is crazy busy on the weekends.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger