Home » » Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 3 - The 20 Minute Run (dun dun dun)

Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 3 - The 20 Minute Run (dun dun dun)

Today was the 20 minute run of the Couch to 5K. I have to say it was a long twenty minutes and after the first ten my legs felt a tired and heavy. I definitely wouldn't have minded a two minute break right about the ten minute mark. I recruited my husband to go with me and we tried a flat asphalt bike path in our city. I'm used to running by myself so I found seeing someone run next to me out of the corner of my eye annoying so I told him to run ahead. He recently ran his first half marathon in 1:54 so I was holding him back anyway. He would periodically double back to check on me and it was nice to have some one to walk back with since we made this a run out and walk back session. All in all he said we covered about 4 miles or so. I definitely feel shin splint issues so I've rolled, stretched, and iced and I think I need to get some different sneakers now that I am running for longer stretches. The Week 6 workouts do more run/walk intervals for Day 1 and Day 2 and then Day 3 is a 22 minute run. I think my husband and I will do the same run next Sunday.

My outfit of the day is a lolo purple long sleeve swiftly, luxtreme Run: Zoom Knee Shorts, and a lolo headband. It was mid-50s and sunny out. I could have worn a short sleeve shirt but the long sleeve was nice for the walk back. My new music download for the run was DoYaThing by the Gorillaz.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger