Home » » Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 1: Me and Nicki Minaj, Running Partners

Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 1: Me and Nicki Minaj, Running Partners

I've been taking it very easy since I came down with my chest cold or flu or whatever I had and haven't been running since February 2nd but finally got back on the horse today. I decided to go for it and pick up my running where I left off - Day 1 of Week 5 which is 5 minute warmup walk, run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 3min, run 5 minutes. I downloaded a few new songs to help motivate me for the run. My two big exercise motivation strategies are buying new lulu and downloading new music. I didn't really have any new lulu to wear for a run at today's temp so it was music for today. The two new songs I liked best for the run were Nicki Minaj Starships and Synthesizers by Butch Walker and the Black Widows. Surprisingly, I felt great on the run. I guess it pays to have well-rested, non-hurting legs. It's been a quite a few workouts since I actually enjoyed running so today was a pleasant surprise. I could have gone longer but I decided to stick to the plan since I seem to bring on aches and pains when I exceed the plan. I want to go to spin class tomorrow morning, too. I've missed spinning - I've only been twice in the last four week and I'm starting succumb to inertia to remain the lazy bum I've been for the last couple of weeks. Week 5 of the Couch to 5K starts to really ramp up the running. The Day 2 workout is run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes and Day 3 is to run for 20 minutes straight. My outfit today was a repeats of previous (so no photo) since I just picked up half-worn stuff off the closet floor: Wunder Groove crops and a Rocksteady long sleeve Swiftly. The temp was 60F and overcast. I should have worn short sleeves.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger