Home » » 2012 in Review: Part 3 - The Good

2012 in Review: Part 3 - The Good

1. The Sea Wheeze - I know it was my first half marathon but it was freaking-A fun. Gorgeous route, great weather, well-supported, lots of entertainment, bright colors and beautiful clothes. If you run and are looking for a great destination race, go to the 2013 Sea Wheeze.

Silver Luon Flow Y

2. Fabric Technology - Lululemon may be faltering lately but their fabric technology is out in front of the great majority of their competitors who seem to be wedded to 100% polyester content. The fabrics may be on the delicate side but I don't think you can beat lululemon when it comes to breathability and the odor suppression of silver is awesome.

3. My Favorite New Items for 2012:

Ebb and Flow crops - a great example of fabric technology. An instant hit when they were introduced. Many people are looking forward to seeing them again.



Every Yogi LS, SS, and Tank - Oh, how I loved you. Why did you leave us so soon? Man, I really hope these make a comeback.


Bangbuster headband- an instant hit. I have fourteen of these now. Love!

Swiftly headbands - lightweight and grippy. Another great headband that came out this year. I bought a bunch of these, too, this year.

Wee Are From Space Excel Crops
Wee Space Print in Run Crops - Print run crops are hot right now and lululemon joined the competition with a vengeance this year. I love the Wee Space print - it hides sweat marks, thigh imperfections, and  visually slims legs and behinds.

Ta Ta Tamer Update - The Ta Ta Tamer was changed for the better. The cup shape changed to a cat eye (the other used to look like I had coconut shells strapped to my chest), there are now four rows of hooks in the back instead of three, straps are a tiny bit longer/have more stretch so it's easier to cross them. All-in-all a great update.

Run in the Sun LS - Now that it's cooler out I've been wearing this top a lot more for my training runs and I've come to prefer it to my long sleeve Swiftly tops. It's longer and it doesn't ride up. The sleeves also push up nicely unlike the Swiftlys which are wicked tight on the forearms. I hope we see these again next summer.

Namaste Tank - Lululemon has come out with various halter tanks over the years but this is the first that worked for me where I wasn't spilling out of the sides. The design is flattering to many shapes, too. I hope we see this tank again next year.

105F Singlet - One of my favorite purchases of this year. Super lightweight, comfy and great for hot weather and hot workouts. It looks great with an Energy Bra underneath. I prefer the ones with the scalloped edge detail. I hope to see these come back next summer.

Some Like It Hot Tank - This didn't work for me but looks awesome on the right shape. A unique and cute tank.

Bright At Night Shorts - I saw lots of these at the Disneyland Half Marathon. They're a hit for runners who like more coverage than Speed Shorts offer.

Right Round Tank - I know they didn't sell super well (I think because of poor color choices) but I love the Right Round Tank. I've used it for both spin and running and find it comfortable and cool. It has a very classic but flattering silhouette. I love the mesh chest, armpit, and back areas. I hope lululemon explores using mesh more.

Hot Cheeks Skirt - These have become a sought-after item for cold weather runners. I know my sister had me pick her up a couple when her store sold out. She loves them.

Alberta Lake and Bordeaux Drama - Two beautiful colors that came out at the end of the summer. I don't think we got enough tops in solid Alberta Lake so I hope we see a curtain call of this color next year.



What goes on your personal best lists for this year?



Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger