Home » » Today's Shopping Trip - Hold It Against Me and Breath of Fire Bras Plus New Ta Ta Tamer Color

Today's Shopping Trip - Hold It Against Me and Breath of Fire Bras Plus New Ta Ta Tamer Color

Sea Wheeze Bright Lime on top of Split Pea Turbo Tank

Sea Wheeze Dark Plum on top of Bordeaux Drama Turbo Tank
I remembered to bring my Sea Wheeze Swiftly headbands in Bright Lime and Dark Plum (? I think that is the name) with me to the store to see how they match up against Split Pea and Bordeaux Drama. The lime and Split Pea are pretty similar, as you can see. The Dark Plum is pinker than the Bordeaux. I know some of you are thinking since you don't have Sea Wheeze stuff it doesn't apply to you but I am thinking about down the road. Sea Wheeze items will show up on ebay in a few months when people get tired of them so I wanted to put a comparison on record.


Photo of the inside of the Hold It Against Me bra
I was really happy to see the new Hold It Against Me and Breath of Fire Bras at the store today. The Hold It Against Me bra is really interesting. I read the on-line reviews and people said the band ran tight. I'm not sure I agree with that. I think the bands run similar to the Ta Ta Tamer. The material feels almost like neoprene so there is very little give when you try to put it on. I had to put it on around my waist and then move it up to my chest since I didn't have enough strength in my hands to pull the hooks to the eyes behind my back. Once the bra was in place the band did not feel too tight around my ribcage. It's not like I don't have to wrestle myself into the cross-strapped version of the Ta Ta Tamer so I don't hold this against this bra. The straps have almost no give and are adjusted by hooks. There are no cup pockets, as you can see, so headlights are an issue. I thought the bra felt very supportive. However, one of the questions in my head was that since the cups are made of luxtreme my breasts might bounce a lot. I tried jogging in the dressing room but I couldn't get a good idea of the amount of bounce. I think it would probably be ok but I'd really have to take it for a run to tell. At $68 it's just too much for me to gamble on. However, if this bra hits markdown I will definitely give it a try. The front of the bra comes up very high. It shows a good half inch or more above a Cool Racerback. That is one thing I am not a fan of, particulary in a dull black color. The other is that there is no way to cross the straps. If this had come out in a straight racerback version with a slightly lower front, so it doesn't show above CRBs, I probably would have bought it. Most of the time I wear a racerback style top so that is the type of athletic bra I need the most. All in all, I'd say it was an interesting high support bra and if the Ta Ta Tamer isn't working for you you might want to check this out.

I also got to try the new Breath of Fire bra. I thought it was imensely more comfortable in the back of the neck than the Lift and Separate bra, which pulls on my neck. It's a great improvement. The cup pockets are not deep enough / give enough coverage for me (36DD) so it's a pass but if you liked the Lift and Separate and the neck bugged you definitely check this bra out.

I also don't have a full photo but there is a new Ta Ta Tamer color out (yay!) in Pretty Pink Tonka Stripe. I wish there were some new bright colors like Angel or Flare in the Ta Ta Tamer but maybe they are coming.

I nearly bought the new Perfect Layer tee in the Pigment Tonka Stripe burnout. I just loved this color and tee. I'd say this top is definitely a size-down top. I ended up going home with the new Bordeaux Define (and a Currant Bangbuster) but it was a close call. I nearly passed on the Bordeaux Define until I tried in on over the Tonka Stripe Flare Cool Racerback and both colors just came alive against each other.

I tried on the 105F Singlet and really liked it. If the racerback weren't so deep in the back I would have bought it. The overall style is so cute and lightweight, I just love it. I'm just not brave enough to wear a top like this to spin or for weights. If I did hot yoga, I'd probably get this tank in a heartbeat. I'll keep an eye out for this tank to hit the markdown rack.




Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger