Home » » Method for Pre-Washing Bleeders

Method for Pre-Washing Bleeders

There is a resident stain expert, Ms. Laura B., in our lulu Facebook groups who swears this method should fix our bleeding lulu. I am trying it tonight on my Pow Pink Cool Racerback and will let you know if I experience any bleeding down the line. Since I have the "bad" pH perspiration I'll find out one way or another. This should ideally be done after you take the tags off a new piece of lulu, before you wear it:

  • wash ONCE in cold water with NO detergent
  • followed by TWO washes in HOT water WITH detergent
  • after than launder as normal, which for most of us is in cold water
Laura says that the hot water is needed to remove the excess dye molecules. Since most of us launder our lulu in cold water excess dye molecules can remain dormant for several washes until heat or humidity hits the floating dye molecules and the garment bleeds. She said she used this method on her Flash Vinyasa scarf and Flash Cool Racerback after she got purple marks (self-dying) and hasn't had any more problems with those items. I think I'll go back and try a couple of hot washes on my Flash/Dune Cool Racerback to see if it fixes my purple armpits in that item.


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger