Home » » Bend Over and We'll Give You A Refund? WTH?!?

Bend Over and We'll Give You A Refund? WTH?!?

Posted on the lululemon Facebook page today:

I went into my local store to return my Astro pants and Invert crops, both purchased this month. I was asked to BEND OVER in order to determine sheerness. The sales associate then perused my butt in the dim lighting of the change room and deemed them "not sheer". I felt degraded that this is how the recall is being handled. I called the GEC to confirm this is their protocol, and they verified that yes, the "educators" will verify sheerness by asking the customer to bend over.

Please explain as to how this is gratifying customer service? If I think my black Luon pants are sheer and there is a mass recall happening, am I not entitled to go in without having to BEND OVER and obtain a refund?
To their credit lululemon responded:
Hi ______,
What's the name of the local store you went into? I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'd like to follow-up with them directly on this. In the meantime, if you're not comfortable with the Invert Crop and Astro Pant that you've purchased due to sheerness, we want to make that right for you. Please email me with the details of the two items, such as size and colour, if known and your full shipping address so we can work on a solution for them. You can send this information to geconline@lululemon.com.
~ Siya
And, posted a little later:
Lululemon Athletica Hi ___________,
We don't need to see our guests in the garments to deem them sheer. We want our guests to be comfortable in their products and will make it right for them if they feel their black bottoms are sheer.
~ Siya
 However, another woman posted this on one of my lululemon chat boards:
[ A different woman] I called the lulu store asking about the recall and a girl on the phone said that I'm going to have to try on the pants and they will judge if there is an issue or not. So they will ask me to bend over. Little degrading, isn't it ? If there is a recall they should just take them back, ugh! 
Lululemon has been pretty tone-deaf in handling quality issues before but this really takes the cake. I have a hard time believing these anecdotes are real but these women seem sincere. Publishing a list of items that have been recalled would help clear up a lot of confusion. No list has been released as of yet. I hope all the stores get the message that they do not need to make people bend over to return their pants.
 
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lululemon Oneshot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger